SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE is a standalone expansion set in the SUPERHOT universe. It’s designed as a rogue-like twist on the linear nature of the original SUPERHOT. In it’s well proven genre-defining format, SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE distills and expands on the same intoxicating rhythm of slow motion combat.
The game will force you through dozens of increasingly difficult time-moves-only-when-you-move gameplay challenges. Each challenge will make you more powerful and bring you closer to deciphering the secrets hidden from you by the system. As you unlock powerful abilities and gain access to new playable characters, so will your enemies grow stronger, smarter and more desperate to stop you.
Come and join the fray. Play in Early Access. Let the system learn from you.
SUPERHOT rogue-like expansion early access hype! What to expect now?
We’re still a good 9-12 months away from a full release, so please don’t forget that this is nowhere close to a complete, satisfying experience just yet. The current build of MIND CONTROL DELETE is the first time we’re inviting you to check out a few of the brand new gameplay systems that are going to be central to the game:
- First 2 playable MINDS, each with it’s own unique ability and gameplay modifiers
- A kaleidoscope of the first dozen new gameplay levels that mix into the first few dozen combat challenges
- New animation and AI systems to drive new weapons, abilities, and enemy types
- Hitpoint system and power-up store to give you that extra oompf needed to crush your enemies and see them driven before you
- Procedural rogue-like run generation baked into the core gameplay loop, enabling us to tell longer, more complex stories and deliver tons more of satisfying skill-based gameplay
Beware though – this is an extremely early, bleeding-edge version of most of those systems. The limitations for this early access build are not for the faint of heart:
- No story whatsoever – we don’t want to spoil too much too quickly so this and the next few updates will be all about gameplay features
- No advanced power-ups or new enemy types enabled yet – we want to establish and test the balance of vanilla gameplay in this build, waiting to sprinkle in gamebreaking modifiers and new foes to beat up until future updates
- No replay or point system – easy bragging about your insane skills will need to wait
- Absolutely no hidden menu minigames yet – we have so many new cool ones coming out super soon tho <3
If you’re not looking for an incomplete game that’s in constant flux and relies on your feedback and creativity to expand, or if you’d rather just play a finished experience that’s guaranteed to challenge and satisfy you and your deepest power fantasies, then we totally recommend you should wait until MIND CONTROL DELETE is out of early access.
However, if you’re super brave and want to help guide the development in its earliest stages, then go ahead – join us, and get your name in the credits!
Why are you putting MIND CONTROL DELETE in early access in the first place tho?
We released the original SUPERHOT in February 2019 after nearly two years of intense creative crunch. The amazing support during the development from our Kickstarter backers and the exhilarating reaction we got from you once the game released was simply mind blowing.
With morale at an all-time high, we immediately jumped into a flurry of prototyping and refining gameplay and story concepts that we weren’t able to fit into the original game. We tested and put a bunch of them to work in virtual reality, and after releasing SUPERHOT VR to even more outstanding support from you guys, we finally had a road map for the first non-VR expansion ironed out in December 2019. In our usual no-compromise approach to design, we made that roadmap way more ambitious than originally anticipated and we decided to make the expansion a fully standalone game, allowing us to rewrite and reimagine all of our major gameplay systems.
The single most important strength of the original SUPERHOT was the amazing involvement of tens of thousands of creative alpha and beta testers that helped us shape and balance the game and drove us to pursue zero compromises in design. After over a year of work on MIND CONTROL DELETE, we’re now ready to start this adventure together again. We’re inviting you to jump in and co-create the game with us. Talk to us, work with us, and let’s build the build the biggest SUPERHOT yet together.
What’s the price tag on this? Is this that free DLC you were talking about?
Yup! Way bigger than the usual free DLC though, so it’ll take a bit longer to release. If you own the original SUPERHOT on Steam now or buy it while MIND CONTROL DELETE is still in Early Access, you’ll get the full expansion for free once it’s finished and released.
However if you can’t wait to work with us, and you feel like bravely facing rough edges and helping shape the game as it develops, then we’ll be thrilled to have you sign your name to a piece of SUPERHOT history and join us in Early Access right now.
Once MIND CONTROL DELETE releases in earnest, it will be priced same as the other SUPERHOT games for everyone who’s still new to the franchise.